Category: Business & Economics Created on Thursday, 05 April 2012 13:22 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 265
Accra , April 04, GNA - All is set for the signing of an agreement between Ghana and Canada, for Canada to support the expansion of the Aboadze Thermal Plant in Takoradi.
President John Evans Atta Mills, who held discussions on the Plant with the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) last November in Canada, has consequently welcomed executives of the Corporation to Ghana, commending the enormous Canadian assistance to Ghana’s development.
The CCC is the main investment grouping in Canada, and the executives led by Mr Marc Whittington, are in the country to sign an agreement with the Government of Ghana to support the expansion of the Aboadze Thermal Plant.
The agreement is the second pact to be signed after the first expansion project which had the capacity to generate an additional 132 mega watts comes almost to a completion.
The second expansion project is also expected to generate 132 mega watts to boost the plant’s capacity.
Welcoming the delegation at the Osu Castle in Accra, President Mills expressed appreciation to the group for the continuous support for Ghana, stressing that the Government values its partnership with the CCC.
President Mills said he was impressed about the high interest of Canadian investors in Ghana, and assured them of a congenial business atmosphere.
“Ghana values the contribution from Canada in support of the growth of our economy,” he said, adding that the Government was committed to the partnership.
Mr. Whittingham, for his part, lauded the progress of the Ghanaian economy, indicating that the Corporation acknowledges the huge business potential in Ghana.
He said CCC is supporting the second expansion plan for the thermal plant due to its importance to the economy.
According to Mr Whittingham, the CCC recognised electricity production as a critical instrument to economic development, and that there was a need to support that sector to create jobs
- UK Chamber of Commerce trade delegation in Ghana t...
- US commits $200 million towards northern developme...
- MTN invests US$105 million in network infrastructu...
- Nominations opens for Ghana made products award 20...
- Ghana Aid Effectiveness Forum launches 2012 Budget...
- AGI launches 2nd Ghana Industry Awards
- Third tier pension could secure employees loyalty-...
- Projections in Budget Statement Understated-ACEP
- Parliament approves budget estimates for eight pub...
- US Ambassador to Ghana calls on Energy Minister
- NGO to aid producers of handicraft in U/E to impro...
- GIS impounds smuggled fuel and pharmaceutical Prod...
- Finance Minister urges private sector to invest in...
- Review the nation’s tax regime to save the priva...
- Ghanaian businesses in the oil sector must be empo...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.