Category: Business & Economics Created on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 19:41 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 881
Accra, May 16, GNA – Airtel Ghana on Wednesday added value to its mobile commerce product, Airtel Money, with the launch of Airtel Money Market, an online portal that provides additional channels the network’s subscribers and merchants.
This new expanded service of the Airtel Mobile Money runs on Rancard’s Rendezvous Technology product, which allows Ghanaians to use social interactions and contributions from trusted individual as a guide in their decision to buy goods online.
The money market platform allows merchants to have multiple outlets in addition to opening a virtual store and stocking it with merchandise available for sale online attracting Airtel Mobile Money customers in Ghana.
Potential customers that visit the Airtel Mobile Market at www.airtelmoneymarket, can window shop and or compare prices from different merchants (shops) all from the comfort of their homes or office.
This according to the Managing Director of Airtel Ghana, Mr Philip Sowah falls in line with the company’s quest to introduce onto the Ghanaian market innovative products which customers would find beneficial to better their lives.
He said in the next few weeks, customers can use Airtel Money to pay their utility bills in Ghana. The company is finalizing arrangements with the Electricity Company of Ghana and the Ghana Water Company Limited for that to be made possible.
“Today we have set up a money market place for our clients. Airtel Money has improved the lives of many in Ghana and we are committed to marketing this new innovation heavy and well for our cherish customers. We will make sure that we get more merchants on board to give our customers more products and variety,” Mr Sowah.
With Airtel Money customers can contribute to their investment portfolio, have insurance packages, pay their bills such DSTV and make bank transactions such as moving money from their bank accounts into their wallets, check their balance, get mini statements and make inter-bank settlements.
The rationale for creating Airtel Money Market, Kola Sonola, Airtel Ghana Director for Money Commerce, said is to increase the channels for customers and letting people know that Airtel Money is an easier payment solution for online shopping.
Merchants that had signed on the Airtel money market, Sonola said would have a system with cash mobilisation.
The Managing Director of Rancard, Kofi Dadzie said Airtel Ghana through its Airtel money market had endless possibilities for Rancard’s Rendezvous product to make social commerce available through online merchant portals.
“Africa’s growing middle class provides a burgeoning market that can be energized to create greater demand in online shopping through social recommendations – this is what Rendezvous extends with the world of social commerce,” he said.
- UK Chamber of Commerce trade delegation in Ghana t...
- US commits $200 million towards northern developme...
- MTN invests US$105 million in network infrastructu...
- Nominations opens for Ghana made products award 20...
- Ghana Aid Effectiveness Forum launches 2012 Budget...
- AGI launches 2nd Ghana Industry Awards
- Third tier pension could secure employees loyalty-...
- Projections in Budget Statement Understated-ACEP
- Parliament approves budget estimates for eight pub...
- US Ambassador to Ghana calls on Energy Minister
- NGO to aid producers of handicraft in U/E to impro...
- GIS impounds smuggled fuel and pharmaceutical Prod...
- Finance Minister urges private sector to invest in...
- Review the nation’s tax regime to save the priva...
- Ghanaian businesses in the oil sector must be empo...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.