- MTN invests GHC105 million to improve network
- GRA clamps down on tax defaulters
- SDF approves GHC 22 million grants for skills deve...
- Government increases budget allocation for MMDAs
- Inflation Rate spikes to three year high of 10.9 p...
- Takoradi to have modern Light Industrial Enclave b...
- CEPS effects leadership changes
- Ghana’s top 100 strongest brands to be awarded
- President Mahama meets French business community i...
- UK Chamber of Commerce trade delegation in Ghana t...
- US commits $200 million towards northern developme...
- MTN invests US$105 million in network infrastructu...
- Nominations opens for Ghana made products award 20...
- Ghana Aid Effectiveness Forum launches 2012 Budget...
- AGI launches 2nd Ghana Industry Awards
Category: Business & Economics Created on Monday, 28 May 2012 10:59 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 431
Kumasi, May 27, GNA – There is growing anger and frustration among employees of the National Youth Employment Programme (NYEP) in the Kumasi Metropolis over the non-payment of their allowances.
These allowances, they claim, had been in arrears since November, last year.
They have, therefore, appealed to President John Evans Atta Mills to personally intervene to get their monies paid.
Spokesperson for the affected workers, Mr Kwame Mensah, told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that they were finding the going really tough.
Their socio-economic situation keeps worsening with each passing day and could no longer bear with the delay.
They said they find it difficult to understand why they should be denied the payment of their allowances when they have been performing their assigned jobs and reporting to duty.
Mr Mensah said the silence kept by the authorities is also not helping matters.
Mr Omar Ibrahim, Ashanti Regional Coordinator of NYEP confirmed to the GNA that it some employees of the scheme have for some time now not received their allowances.
The problem is not peculiar to only the Ashanti Region but nationwide, he said.
He, however, said the authorities are doing everything possible to get the outstanding monies paid.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.