- High demand for Ghanaian honey in Turkey
- Gov’t assures telecommunications companies of st...
- 'Ghana needs a Payments Council' - report
- Producer Price Inflation rises to 47.4 per cent in...
- Oil Marketing Companies ends Petfun 2014
- More Ashanti companies fail to file self-assessmen...
- YES secretariat invites business plan proposals
- Multi-nationals must be checked to increase revenu...
- Minority accuses government of drawing money illeg...
- COCOBOD announces closure of main crop season
- Government to fight smuggling, counterfeiting and ...
- Small scale miners should pay appreciable taxes-Dr...
- Trade war between Ghana and Ivory Coast
- Ghana reaches last stage of MCC compact
- Ghana scores 63 per cent on Resource Governance In...
Category: Business & Economics Created on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 13:02 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 391
Ho, Jan. 17, GNA -This year could well be the year in which the Volta Region would have the best business opportunities knocking at its door since Ghana’s independence in 1957.
The Region would be hosting a delegation of business people from the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region in China led by its Governor under a sister-regions relationship concluded in December 2011.
Togbe Afede XIV, President of the Volta Region House of Chiefs (VRHC) announced this at the first General Meeting of the House last Friday.
Togbe Afede said the Volta Region Development Agency (VRDA) had been tasked to “compile profiles of the Region's projects so that we would be able to present a compact document of business opportunities available in the Region to our visitors.
“We would like to ask all entrepreneurs who are pursuing projects in the Volta Region or have such plans to submit their plans to VRDA through the VRHC for inclusion in the Volta Region Projects Profiles,” he said.
The major economic potentials of the Volta region are tourism, agriculture, aquaculture, lake transport, food processing, local textiles (kente-weaving), traditional medicine and recently petrochemicals.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.