- New duty free shop for Aflao
- Ghanaians urged to invest in West African Shipping...
- Workshop on the 2014 budget held
- 3,000 jobs will be created at Takoradi Port - Pres...
- Bank gives in support of farmers
- Ministry of Trade suspends operation of Textile Ta...
- Organization to promote irrigation farming at Uppe...
- Ambassador bemoans less trade among ECOWAS States
- New Research Reveals Greater Demand for Private Je...
- Certification of banks for Hybrid POS underway
- Ghana needs international trade commission – Aky...
- Ministry of Fisheries and Aqua-Culture supports Ef...
- MasterCard appoints Ezediashi Ofili as Vice-Presid...
- Cabinet approves Petroleum Agreement
- Ghana to produce fertilizer soon-President Mahama
Category: Business & Economics Created on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 13:02 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 335
Ho, Jan. 17, GNA -This year could well be the year in which the Volta Region would have the best business opportunities knocking at its door since Ghana’s independence in 1957.
The Region would be hosting a delegation of business people from the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region in China led by its Governor under a sister-regions relationship concluded in December 2011.
Togbe Afede XIV, President of the Volta Region House of Chiefs (VRHC) announced this at the first General Meeting of the House last Friday.
Togbe Afede said the Volta Region Development Agency (VRDA) had been tasked to “compile profiles of the Region's projects so that we would be able to present a compact document of business opportunities available in the Region to our visitors.
“We would like to ask all entrepreneurs who are pursuing projects in the Volta Region or have such plans to submit their plans to VRDA through the VRHC for inclusion in the Volta Region Projects Profiles,” he said.
The major economic potentials of the Volta region are tourism, agriculture, aquaculture, lake transport, food processing, local textiles (kente-weaving), traditional medicine and recently petrochemicals.
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.