Government reacts to former AG Martin Amidu's statement questioning competence of The State Legal Team
Category: Crime Created on Friday, 02 March 2012 10:44 Published Date Written by GBC Hits: 617
Government has reacted to statement by former Attorney General, Martin Amidu questioning the competence of the state legal team in the controversial GH¢ 51m Woyome debt saga.
Deputy Minister of Information, James Agyenim-Boateng says Mr Amidu cannot take the moral right in the matter.
He said the government is on course in retrieving the money.
Mr Agyenim-Boateng told Radio Ghana that Mr Martin Amidu's claim has no basis.
The immediate past Attorney-General, Martin Amidu, has expressed disappointment with the legal representation of the State in the ongoing judgement debt payment case involving businessman Alfred Woyome.
Mr Amidu, who was relieved of his post for "misconduct" over the controversial case said "time is of the essence" now that the State has secured a ruling to amend the writ and statement of claim in the case.
In a two-page statement, Mr Amidu said: "The quality and commitment of legal representation for the Republic are very important for the success of the Republic in retrieving the gargantuan money in the face of the continued strong support from politically immature interest groups for the government to overlook the loot".
Meanwhile, the MP for Abuakwa South, Samuel Atta Kyea says Mr Amidu's statement is just to advise the current Attorney General to prosecute the Woyome case himself.
He told Radio Ghana that the case is so big that it demands professional hands to handle it.
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
- Pupil Teacher defraud 17 people of Gh¢55,300
- Court remands Prophet Nkansah
- Unemployed man convicted for defiling girl, 13
- Farmer jailed for possessing firearm without autho...
- Blacksmith remanded for manufacturing firearms
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.