Category: Crime Created on Monday, 05 March 2012 08:23 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 373
Akim Swedru (E/R), March 4, GNA – A 76-year-old farmer, who lured a 14-year-old class three pupil into his room and sexually assaulted her, has been slapped with a 10-year-prison term when he appeared before a circuit court at Akim Swedru in the Birim South District.
Viglo Tetteh was caught red handed when the victim’s mother was searching for her daughter and spotted the girl’s slippers at the convict’s door to his room. When she peeped through a hole in the wall, she saw Tetteh “graciously satisfying his sexual curiosity”.
The convict pleaded guilty to defilement at the court presided over by Mr. Yaw Atta Sampong.
The prosecution had told the court that the girl lives with her parents at Kwaboadie Number One near Akim Adubiease in the Akyimansa District and that the convict also lives in the same town.
It said the case happened on August 28, 2011 around 1530 hours.
The prosecution said the situation angered the parent, who forced and opened the door and when they entered, the mother nearly collapsed for what she saw.
He stated that when the victim’s mother interrogated her, she replied that it was the fourth time that Mensah had abused her. The mother then reported the matter to the Police, who issued out a medical report form to the convict to enable her to attend the Akim Oda Government Hospital.
- Car stealing gang busted
- Evangelist granted 10,000 Ghana cedis bail for fra...
- A Court convicts Sinapi Aba Savings & Loans for nu...
- Unemployed Nigerian arraigned for human traffickin...
- Ghana Ports and Harbours issues warning
- Illegal miner freed on defilement charges
- Three charged for robbery
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.