Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 07 March 2012 19:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 483
Akim Swedru (E/R), March 7, GNA – Kwabena Obeng, a farmer, who allegedly hid quantities of narcotic drugs in a bedroom and toilet at Akim Aboabo in the Birim Central Municipality, has been arrested by the Akim Oda police.
Kwabena Obeng, alias “Better”, was said to be part of a stealing syndicate, who also terrorized residents and broke into shops in the area.
He was also said to be involved in another case with the accomplice, Yaw Anokye alias “Anointing”, and had been remanded on two counts of robbery and possessing narcotic drug.
Inspector Kwaku Appiah told the GNA at Akim Swedru that on February 16, the Akim Oda police had a tip-off about the illegal activities of Obeng and moved to the scene at Akim Aboabo.
He said the police with a search warrant conducted a thorough search of the house where a large quantity of different drugs concealed in his bedroom and behind the toilet were retrieved.
Inspector Appiah listed the concealed items to include 74 substances suspected to be heroin, 311 wrappers of a whitish substance suspected to be cocaine and quantity of dried leaves suspected to be Indian hemp.
He said Obeng was then arrested with the suspected drugs in his possession which during interrogation, he claimed ownership.
He said the accused had since been prosecuted after he appeared before the Akim Swedru Circuit Court, presided over by Mr Yaw Atta Sampong.
He pleaded not guilty to possessing narcotic drugs and was remanded, to reappear on March 12.
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
- Pupil Teacher defraud 17 people of Gh¢55,300
- Court remands Prophet Nkansah
- Unemployed man convicted for defiling girl, 13
- Farmer jailed for possessing firearm without autho...
- Blacksmith remanded for manufacturing firearms
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.