Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 22:14 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 319
Kumasi, March 13, GNA - A Kumasi Circuit Court has sentenced a Niger national to 52 years imprisonment for shooting a watchman during a failed robbery operation at Apire near Santasi in Kumasi.
Mohammed Salifu, 21, who pleaded guilty to the charges was charged with conspiracy, attempted robbery, causing harm and illegally possessing arms and ammunition.
His accomplice, only known as Alhassan is on the run whiles the victim is in clutches after suffering the hit on both knees.
Assistant State Attorney, Nana Ama D. Kessey, told the court presided over by Justice Emmanuel Amoh-Yartey that the convict and his colleague attacked one Prince Owusu Ansah at gun point on February 15, at 2200 hours but he managed to escape to a nearby house where they pursued him.
The prosecution said once again Ansah outwitted Salifu and Alhassan, scaled the fence wall and fled.
They visited their anger on Issaka Abinabi, a watchman in the house by shooting at him and bullets caught him in both knees.
He fell down and his shouts for help attracted some people in the neighbourhood who rushed to his aid and succeeded in arresting Salifu together with his weapon and handed him over to the police.
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
- Three arrested for trading in counterfeit notes
- Police officer charged with robbery
- Supervisor fined 150 penalty units
- Pastor remanded for sodomy
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.