Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 22:14 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 271
Kumasi, March 13, GNA - A Kumasi Circuit Court has sentenced a Niger national to 52 years imprisonment for shooting a watchman during a failed robbery operation at Apire near Santasi in Kumasi.
Mohammed Salifu, 21, who pleaded guilty to the charges was charged with conspiracy, attempted robbery, causing harm and illegally possessing arms and ammunition.
His accomplice, only known as Alhassan is on the run whiles the victim is in clutches after suffering the hit on both knees.
Assistant State Attorney, Nana Ama D. Kessey, told the court presided over by Justice Emmanuel Amoh-Yartey that the convict and his colleague attacked one Prince Owusu Ansah at gun point on February 15, at 2200 hours but he managed to escape to a nearby house where they pursued him.
The prosecution said once again Ansah outwitted Salifu and Alhassan, scaled the fence wall and fled.
They visited their anger on Issaka Abinabi, a watchman in the house by shooting at him and bullets caught him in both knees.
He fell down and his shouts for help attracted some people in the neighbourhood who rushed to his aid and succeeded in arresting Salifu together with his weapon and handed him over to the police.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.