Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 20 March 2012 09:34 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 474
Joy News has intercepted a document suggesting Waterville Holdings joined forces with businessman Alfred Agbesi Woyome to sue the state for damages over alleged abrogation of contract.
The 26 November, 2010 document stated unequivocally the two parties will jointly pursue government for the damages and share the proceeds.
The document is a palpable contradiction to a press conference held last week by the Managing Director of Waterville, Andreas Orlandi, in which he stated that Woyome independently pursued government for the damages paid him.
“Mr. Alfred Woyome separately and independently of Waterville, made his claim against the government. Waterville is not interested in Woyome’s claim,” Orlandi told newsmen.
But the intercepted document from Waterville and subsequent developments on the issue pointed to the opposite.
Waterville and Woyome agreed to jointly pursue government and were successful in their pursuit.
They went into mediation with government and per a 13th October, 2010 document agreed an amount of €25 million which was to be paid in five month installments of €5 million each.
Woyome and Waterville again agreed that the former would be entitled to €940,000 of every €5million paid every month.
It is not clear if Woyome was paid his share of the amount.
Alfred Woyome was awarded some ¢51 million in judgement debt in relation to the same disputed abrogation of contract for the construction of stadia for the CAN 2008.
The payment provoked huge public outcry which led to the arrest and subsequent prosecution of Woyome on charges of fraud.
A state Attorney, Samuel Nerquaye Tetteh and his wife are facing prosecution on matters relating to the payments to Woyome.
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
- Three arrested for trading in counterfeit notes
- Police officer charged with robbery
- Supervisor fined 150 penalty units
- Pastor remanded for sodomy
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.