Category: Crime Created on Friday, 13 April 2012 18:40 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 359
Akim Oda (E/R), April 13, GNA – An Akim Oda Magistrate’s Court on Friday remanded a landlord for assaulting his tenant.
The landlord; Charles Oppong, pleaded not guilty to assault and is to reappear on April 19.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Kwadwo Ahenkorah told the court presided over by Mr Albert Owusu Annor that the complainant is Mr Osei Kwasi, a teacher and husband of Madam Akosua Koramaa who have rented a room in Oppong’s house at Towobotom, Akim Oda Old.
Chief Inspector Ahenkorah said about 0730 hours on April 10, Madam Koramaa was bathing her children when Oppong approached the drying line and threw her towel on the ground retorting that she should hang her stinking clothes on the line again.
He said Madam Koramaa asked the accused to explain her action and this infuriated Oppong who rained insults on her.
Oppong asked: “Do you not know that I am your landlord, what powers do you have to ask me questions?”
The prosecutor said furious Oppong later poured a bucket of boiled water on Madam Oppong compelling her husband to rush to her rescue.
This did not deter the accused who assaulted the complainant.
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
- Pupil Teacher defraud 17 people of Gh¢55,300
- Court remands Prophet Nkansah
- Unemployed man convicted for defiling girl, 13
- Farmer jailed for possessing firearm without autho...
- Blacksmith remanded for manufacturing firearms
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.