Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 19:41 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 330
Breman Asikuma (C/R), April 18, GNA - The Breman Asikuma police on Monday arrested Mrs Veronica Mensah, a teacher, for giving answers to a candidate writing the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) at Breman Asikuma Senior High School Examination Centre.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Seth Tay told the Deputy Minister of Education, Mrs Elizabeth Amoah Tetteh, during her visit to the examination centres in the Central Region, on Tuesday.
DSP Tay said on Monday, Mr Michael Ampomah Oboubi, an Officer of the West Africa Examination Council, (WAEC) supervising the examination at the centre, saw Mrs Mensah dictating some answers from her phone to one of the candidates during the writing of the English Objective Paper.
He said the WAEC officer seized the mobile phone and saw text messages containing correct answers to the questions.
DSP Tay, who is Acting District Police Commander for Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa, said Mrs Mensah would be put before court after the police investigations, adding that, Mrs Mensah refused to disclose who sent her the answers.
Mr Kofi Sarfo Kantanka, Regional Director of Education, who was accompanying the Deputy Minister, appealed to the invigilators to remain calm and desist from acts that could disturb the examinations.
Mr Oboubi later in an interview with GNA said he had seized three mobile phones from the students contrary to the rules and regulations of the examination.
He said other GES officers in the District who were monitoring the examination Centres had also seized about 20 mobile phones from the candidates.
Mr Isaac Amonoo, the Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa Director of Education, told the GNA that the invigilators threatened to go on strike when Mrs Mensah was arrested.
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
- Pupil Teacher defraud 17 people of Gh¢55,300
- Court remands Prophet Nkansah
- Unemployed man convicted for defiling girl, 13
- Farmer jailed for possessing firearm without autho...
- Blacksmith remanded for manufacturing firearms
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.