Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 18 April 2012 19:41 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 260
Breman Asikuma (C/R), April 18, GNA - The Breman Asikuma police on Monday arrested Mrs Veronica Mensah, a teacher, for giving answers to a candidate writing the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) at Breman Asikuma Senior High School Examination Centre.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Seth Tay told the Deputy Minister of Education, Mrs Elizabeth Amoah Tetteh, during her visit to the examination centres in the Central Region, on Tuesday.
DSP Tay said on Monday, Mr Michael Ampomah Oboubi, an Officer of the West Africa Examination Council, (WAEC) supervising the examination at the centre, saw Mrs Mensah dictating some answers from her phone to one of the candidates during the writing of the English Objective Paper.
He said the WAEC officer seized the mobile phone and saw text messages containing correct answers to the questions.
DSP Tay, who is Acting District Police Commander for Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa, said Mrs Mensah would be put before court after the police investigations, adding that, Mrs Mensah refused to disclose who sent her the answers.
Mr Kofi Sarfo Kantanka, Regional Director of Education, who was accompanying the Deputy Minister, appealed to the invigilators to remain calm and desist from acts that could disturb the examinations.
Mr Oboubi later in an interview with GNA said he had seized three mobile phones from the students contrary to the rules and regulations of the examination.
He said other GES officers in the District who were monitoring the examination Centres had also seized about 20 mobile phones from the candidates.
Mr Isaac Amonoo, the Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa Director of Education, told the GNA that the invigilators threatened to go on strike when Mrs Mensah was arrested.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.