Category: Crime Created on Saturday, 21 April 2012 12:33 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 323
Tema, April 21, GNA – A district court in Tema on Friday remanded a 19-year-old labourer into the Senior Correctional Centre at Maamobi in Accra, for six months for stealing a goat.
Moses Sewornu was remanded into the centre after the court presided over by Mr Malcolm Bedzira convicted him on his own plea of guilty to the charge of dishonestly misappropriating a goat.
The court said that Sewornu was remanded into the centre because he is a young man.
It ordered the investigator of the case to arrest and put before a butcher, who Sewornu claimed he sold several goats to at GHC20.00 each.
Chief Inspector Sylvia Okan said Sewornu, who resided at Ashaaman a suburb of Tema New Town, was spotted in procession of goat at about 0400 hours near the Chemu lagoon by a taxi driver.
The prosecution told the court that the taxi driver suspected that Sewornu had stolen the goat and arrested him and handed him over to the police.
Chief Insp. Okan said that Sewornu told the police during investigations that he found the goat under a tree.
The prosecution said the owner of the goat was yet to be identified.
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
- Pupil Teacher defraud 17 people of Gh¢55,300
- Court remands Prophet Nkansah
- Unemployed man convicted for defiling girl, 13
- Farmer jailed for possessing firearm without autho...
- Blacksmith remanded for manufacturing firearms
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.