Category: Crime Created on Saturday, 21 April 2012 12:33 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 254
Tema, April 21, GNA – A district court in Tema on Friday remanded a 19-year-old labourer into the Senior Correctional Centre at Maamobi in Accra, for six months for stealing a goat.
Moses Sewornu was remanded into the centre after the court presided over by Mr Malcolm Bedzira convicted him on his own plea of guilty to the charge of dishonestly misappropriating a goat.
The court said that Sewornu was remanded into the centre because he is a young man.
It ordered the investigator of the case to arrest and put before a butcher, who Sewornu claimed he sold several goats to at GHC20.00 each.
Chief Inspector Sylvia Okan said Sewornu, who resided at Ashaaman a suburb of Tema New Town, was spotted in procession of goat at about 0400 hours near the Chemu lagoon by a taxi driver.
The prosecution told the court that the taxi driver suspected that Sewornu had stolen the goat and arrested him and handed him over to the police.
Chief Insp. Okan said that Sewornu told the police during investigations that he found the goat under a tree.
The prosecution said the owner of the goat was yet to be identified.
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
- Three arrested for trading in counterfeit notes
- Police officer charged with robbery
- Supervisor fined 150 penalty units
- Pastor remanded for sodomy
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.