Category: Crime Created on Monday, 23 April 2012 10:13 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 309
Agona Swedru (C/R) April 22, GNA - A circuit court in the Agona Swedru on Thursday sentenced a herdsman to eight years imprisonment in hard labour for stealing 50 cows.
Iddrisu Papa, 32, a citizen of Comey, Benin, pleaded guilty.
Police Chief Inspector Ivy Agadia told the court presided over by Justice Nicholas Osam, that the complainant, Mr Amoah Frempong, a staff of the World Bank, in Sierra Leone, own a kraal of cows in Gomoa Pamfokrom.
The prosecution said that the accused has been the herdsman for the complainant since 2008.
Chief Insp. Agadia said when Mr Frempong visited the kraal he detected that only 36 cows out of the 86 cows were left.
The prosecution said the accused absconded but was arrested this month at a hideout in Benin and brought back to Ghana.
Chief Insp Agadia said the accused in his cautioned statement admitted that he stole 40 of the cows and sold them to an Alhaji in Ashiaman at a cost between 1,000 Ghana Cedis and 1,500 Ghana cedis per Cow.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.