Category: Crime Created on Monday, 23 April 2012 10:13 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 450
Agona Swedru (C/R) April 22, GNA - A circuit court in the Agona Swedru on Thursday sentenced a herdsman to eight years imprisonment in hard labour for stealing 50 cows.
Iddrisu Papa, 32, a citizen of Comey, Benin, pleaded guilty.
Police Chief Inspector Ivy Agadia told the court presided over by Justice Nicholas Osam, that the complainant, Mr Amoah Frempong, a staff of the World Bank, in Sierra Leone, own a kraal of cows in Gomoa Pamfokrom.
The prosecution said that the accused has been the herdsman for the complainant since 2008.
Chief Insp. Agadia said when Mr Frempong visited the kraal he detected that only 36 cows out of the 86 cows were left.
The prosecution said the accused absconded but was arrested this month at a hideout in Benin and brought back to Ghana.
Chief Insp Agadia said the accused in his cautioned statement admitted that he stole 40 of the cows and sold them to an Alhaji in Ashiaman at a cost between 1,000 Ghana Cedis and 1,500 Ghana cedis per Cow.
- Car stealing gang busted
- Evangelist granted 10,000 Ghana cedis bail for fra...
- A Court convicts Sinapi Aba Savings & Loans for nu...
- Unemployed Nigerian arraigned for human traffickin...
- Ghana Ports and Harbours issues warning
- Illegal miner freed on defilement charges
- Three charged for robbery
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
See More Last Update: 28th August, 2014.