Category: Crime Created on Monday, 23 April 2012 10:14 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 315
Madina, April 22, GNA - The Motor, Traffic and Transport Unit (MTU) of the Ghana Police Service has arrested 10 motorbike riders, for various traffic offences, at Madina, Accra.
The Deputy Commander of the Madina MTTU, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Charles Ahiamale, disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency on Friday.
He said some of the motorbikes did not have registration numbers and the riders did not have licenses and were not wearing crush helmets.
ASP Ahiamale said some of the robberies in the country, involved motorbike riders, who snatched bags and robbed their victims at knife or gun point while ridding on bikes.
He said the clamp down on motorbike riders would continue till the end of the year.
ASP Ahiamale cautioned motorbike riders, who use their bikes for commercial activity, popularly known as “Okada,” to refrain from the illegal act.
He said the arrested riders would be sent to the Accra City Motor Court for prosecution.
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
- Three arrested for trading in counterfeit notes
- Police officer charged with robbery
- Supervisor fined 150 penalty units
- Pastor remanded for sodomy
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.