Category: Crime Created on Monday, 23 April 2012 10:14 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 275
Madina, April 22, GNA - The Motor, Traffic and Transport Unit (MTU) of the Ghana Police Service has arrested 10 motorbike riders, for various traffic offences, at Madina, Accra.
The Deputy Commander of the Madina MTTU, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Charles Ahiamale, disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency on Friday.
He said some of the motorbikes did not have registration numbers and the riders did not have licenses and were not wearing crush helmets.
ASP Ahiamale said some of the robberies in the country, involved motorbike riders, who snatched bags and robbed their victims at knife or gun point while ridding on bikes.
He said the clamp down on motorbike riders would continue till the end of the year.
ASP Ahiamale cautioned motorbike riders, who use their bikes for commercial activity, popularly known as “Okada,” to refrain from the illegal act.
He said the arrested riders would be sent to the Accra City Motor Court for prosecution.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.