Category: Crime Created on Monday, 23 April 2012 10:14 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 398
Madina, April 22, GNA - The Motor, Traffic and Transport Unit (MTU) of the Ghana Police Service has arrested 10 motorbike riders, for various traffic offences, at Madina, Accra.
The Deputy Commander of the Madina MTTU, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Charles Ahiamale, disclosed this to the Ghana News Agency on Friday.
He said some of the motorbikes did not have registration numbers and the riders did not have licenses and were not wearing crush helmets.
ASP Ahiamale said some of the robberies in the country, involved motorbike riders, who snatched bags and robbed their victims at knife or gun point while ridding on bikes.
He said the clamp down on motorbike riders would continue till the end of the year.
ASP Ahiamale cautioned motorbike riders, who use their bikes for commercial activity, popularly known as “Okada,” to refrain from the illegal act.
He said the arrested riders would be sent to the Accra City Motor Court for prosecution.
- Court refuses objection over a letter
- Accountant jailed 15 years over theft
- Unemployed jailed 25 years for conspiracy
- Pastor held for Rape to seek bail at High Court
- Court remands unemployed for robbery
- Police Investigator testifies in Kombian's case
- Two cops on trial for narcotics
- Nkoranza police arrest alleged human trafficker
- Pupil Teacher defraud 17 people of Gh¢55,300
- Court remands Prophet Nkansah
- Unemployed man convicted for defiling girl, 13
- Farmer jailed for possessing firearm without autho...
- Blacksmith remanded for manufacturing firearms
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 30th May.