Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 09:18 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 296
Moree (C/R), April 23,GNA – Kwabena Amakye, a 40-year-old Fisherman at Apese, a suburb of Moree in the Central Region, has allegedly set ablaze six children, leading to the death of a 10-year-old boy.
The children between the ages of six and 14-years incurred the wrath of the fisherman on Sunday, April 22, when he accused them for disturbing him whilst he was relaxing in his room.
With the exception of one of the children who escaped unhurt, one girl whose condition is said to be critical is on admission at the Moree Health Centre.
The three others have been treated and discharged at the Central Regional Hospital where the body of the 10 year old boy, Master Kweku Mensah has been deposited.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Emmanuel Tetteh, the Commander of the Kotokuraba District Police Station who briefed journalists about the incident said at 1400hrs on that fateful day Amakye was relaxing in his room when he heard a noise, apparently from children playing behind his house.
According to him the noise from the children infuriated him and he got up, poured premix fuel into a paint plastic container, tore pieces of cement papers into it, lighted it and threw it on the children.
The dresses of the five children caught fire and this attracted the attention of people around who rescued and sent them to hospital.
Amakye a father of four, managed to escape after a witness collected the matches box from him and tried in vain to arrest him.
He is now in the grips of the police with injuries on his fingers.
ASP Tetteh said Amakye was arrested by the police around the Cape Coast Castle area, after a frantic search for him on Monday dawn.
The police are investigating the case and he will be arraigned soon,
- Staff of GCAA in court for defrauding Police Offic...
- Police quiz husband over wife’s murder
- Three arrested for trading in counterfeit notes
- Police officer charged with robbery
- Supervisor fined 150 penalty units
- Pastor remanded for sodomy
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.