Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 20:32 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 238
Bibiani (W/R), May 2, GNA - A 53-year old farmer who allegedly shot and killed another person during a fight has been remanded by the Bibiani Magistrate Court.
Osei Kwame’s plea was not taken and would re-appear on May 10.
Police Detective Chief Inspector Alex Asamoah told the court presided over by Mr Osei Kofi Amoako that the accused resides at Sefwi-Aboabo near Bibiani.
The deceased, Malik Kwame, also lived at Prada, a suburb of Bibiani.
On April 17 a misunderstanding ensued between the Malik’s wife and Osei.
Later in the day, the deceased accompanied by the mother and two other siblings went to the house of the accused to demand explanation for his reported insults on the wife.
There, tempers flared-up and Malik was said to have hit Osei in head.
The prosecution said the accused dashed into his room, brought out a loaded gun and shot at him, killing him instantly.
He handed himself in to the police at Awaso after the crime.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.