Category: Crime Created on Friday, 04 May 2012 08:32 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 215
Takoradi, May 04, GNA – The Takoradi Circuit Court on Thursday sentenced Adongo Atta, a Khebab seller, to 10 years imprisonment with hard labour for possessing firearms without lawful excuse.
The accused pleaded not guilty.
Chief Inspector Alice Parker-Wilson said sometime in February 2010, the accused was arrested during an investigation into a theft case.
She said when his room was searched, a locally manufactured pistol without cartridges was found concealed in his travelling bag.
Chief Inspector Parker-Wilson said the accused was questioned how he came by the pistol but he said it belonged to one Ania a brother of his who resided in the Upper East Region.
She said a witness in the case disclosed to the Police that the pistol belonged to the accused who was charged after further investigations.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.