Category: Crime Created on Friday, 04 May 2012 08:40 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 215
Kumasi, May 04, GNA - A Kumasi Circuit Court has sentenced a porter to seven years imprisonment for stealing the wallet of a policeman containing an amount of GH¢70.00 and his identity (ID) card.
Kwadjo Njornola pleaded guilty to charges of stealing and unlawful possession of police accoutrement.
Police Chief Inspector Isaac Mensah Apenteng told the court presided over by Justice William Boampong that the complainant is a police officer attached to the court unit in Kumasi and Njornola is a porter and has no specific place of abode.
He said on April 19, at about 1930 hours, the complainant, in mufti went to buy a drink with his friend near the Kejetia-Bantama taxi rank and as they waited to be served by the bar attendant, Njornola, picked his wallet from his side pocket and was given a hot chase but managed to escape.
Fortunately the bar attendant knew the convict and assisted in his arrest the following day where the stolen wallet and the ID card were uncovered during a search conducted on him.
The convict confessed to the crime.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.