Category: Crime Created on Sunday, 06 May 2012 10:55 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 225
Kumasi, May 05, GNA - A trader, who succeeded in duping two people of GH¢8,200.00 under the pretext aiding their travel to Italy is now in trouble with the law.
Kwame Hoenya was on Friday put before a Kumasi Circuit Court charged with defrauding by false pretence.
He pleaded not guilty and was granted bail in the sum of GH¢15,000.00 bail with a surety and would re-appear on Monday, May 21.
His accomplice, named only as Fofie is on the run.
Chief Inspector Isaac Mensah Apenteng told the court presided over by Justice William Boampong that the complainants, Joseph Kyeremeh and Kwabena Agyemang Freduah, sometime in year 2009, were convinced by the accused that he has been presented with an opportunity to travel to Italy and was to take along with him two other people.
They readily expressed interest and Kyeremeh paid to him GH¢6,200.00 for processing of his travel documents, whilst Freduah made available GH¢2,000.00.
Hoenya, after taking the money, went into hiding and was spotted in a Techiman bound bus on May 2, by Kyeremeh, who caused his arrest.
He admitted the offence in his caution statement.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.