Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 08 May 2012 08:58 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 205
Sekondi (W/R), May 7, GNA—The farming community of Kwaku Boahkrom, near Sefwi Bekwai in the Western Region was thrown into mourning when news went round that Madam Theresah Appiah, alias Yaa Botsi, has been killed by stray bullets.
Confirming the tragic incident to the GNA in Sekondi, the Regional Police Crime Officer, Mr. James Kofi Abraham, said the incident occurred on April 24, at about 0645 hours.
The Police said the suspect, Elder Benjamin Boakye, 45, was returning from farm with his loaded short gun.
Upon reaching a section of the road, Boakye claimed he slipped and fell and the gun accidentally went off, in the process, some stray bullets hit the lower abdomen of the deceased, who was then going to her farm.
The Police said the corpse had been deposited at the Sefwi Wiawso Government Hospital for autopsy.
Elder Boakye was arrested and a search on him revealed one single barreled gun.
The Police said Boakye had been remanded into police custody while investigation is underway.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.