Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 08:16 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 199
Sekondi, May 8, GNA- The husband of the woman who was allegedly raped by a policeman at Ketan Estate, near Sekondi, on Tuesday told journalists that the suspect and his relatives had approached the wife for out of court settlement.
Mr Yaw Adjei said since the issue came to the public domain, he had received several telephone calls from people who claimed to be friends and relatives of the policeman pleading that, the issue should be settled out of court.
He alleged that the policeman, Constable Ebenezer Osei had apologised to his wife for the rape incident.
However, Mr Adjei insisted that the matter should be investigated and the culprit brought to justice in order to serve as a deterrent to people who think they can commit crime and escape unpunished.
He appealed to the Inspector General of Police and the Attorney General and Minister of Justice to intervene to bring justice to his wife.
It would be recalled that, the Ghana News Agency reported that, a married woman was allegedly raped by a policeman, Constable Ebenezer Osei at Ketan Estate, near Sekondi when the policeman who was guarding the bungalow of the Regional Police Commander called her to buy banana.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.