Category: Crime Created on Sunday, 13 May 2012 09:38 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 286
Cape Coast, May 11, GNA - A circuit court in Cape Coast, on Friday sentenced Jones Hutton, a 30-year old painter, to five years imprisonment in hard labour for causing harm to his uncle.
Hutton, who slashed the face of his uncle, Thomas Appiah, with a broken bottle at Ola Estate, a suburb of Cape Coast, pleaded guilty to the charge of causing unlawful harm.
The convict, who showed remorse, pleaded with the court, presided over by Mrs. Florence Kai Otu, to deal leniently with him .
Sergeant Samuel Amoako told the court that the convict lived in the same house with Appiah at Ola Estate, near Cape Coast.
He said on Saturday May 5 at about 0100 hours, when Appiah had returned home from a wake-keeping, Hutton accused him (uncle) of spreading false rumours that he (Hutton) was a thief.
Sgt, Amoako said this resulted in a quarrel between the two relatives, and the convict slashed the face of his uncle with a broken bottle, wounding him severely.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.