Category: Crime Created on Sunday, 13 May 2012 09:38 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 232
Sefwi Wiawso (W/R), May 12, GNA - The Sefwi Wiawso Magistrates’ Court has remanded a father and son in custody for allegedly beating a nephew, Joseph Barnieh alias Jacoyeth to death over a domestic issue.
Isaac Kaakyire Badu, the father, 53 year old and 31 year old Enoch Baidoo, carpenter, whose plea were not taken would reappear in court on May 21.
A third accomplice, Jonathan Baidoo is on the run.
While Kaayire Badu faces abetment of crime, to wit murder, Baidoo also is charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit crime and murder.
The facts of the case has it that last Friday, May 4, a quarrel ensued between the deceased and his cousins Enoch and Jonathan, resulting later into a fight.
The following day, Enoch and Jonathan met the deceased at a junction at Susumenetee, a surbud of Sefwi Wiawso and the father allegedly ordered his two sons to beat up the deceased.
In the process, they bit the deceased on the forehead and cheeks, resulting in Joseph being rushed to the hospital for treatment and was later discharged.
However, his condition became critical and was rushed again to the hospital but passed away on Tuesday.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.