Category: Crime Created on Monday, 14 May 2012 08:24 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 242
Agona Swedru, May 13, GNA - Travelers using the Agona Swedru main lorry station have been cautioned to be wary of confidence tricksters, who have invaded the area and are harassing and robbing people of their valuable items.
Mr Kwame Eghan, Secretary of the Agona Swedru/Accra branch of the Ghana Private Road Transport Union (GPRTU) made this known to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in an interview at Agona Swedru, on Friday.
According to him, for the past one month a number of passengers have fallen victim to these criminals, resulting the lost of their valuable items.
He said almost every week the executives of the Union received over three cases of passengers being robbed of their mobile phones and money by these unscrupulous pick pockets at the station.
Mr Eghan said on April 30, this year, some young men, managed to steal a laptop computer and GHC 200 from a young lady who arrived at the station.
He said about a week ago, a student of Swedru School of Business, who was on his way to school, had his school fees of GHC 200.00 taken away from him when he came in contact with the group at the station.
Mr Eghan said in both cases, no arrest had been made and appealed to the Agona West Municipal Assembly to help weed out the criminals, whose activities does not auger well for the station.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.