Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 16 May 2012 19:31 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 303
Takoradi, May 16, GNA – The Takoradi Circuit Court “B” on Wednesday granted bail to Madam Hagar Nkrumah, the woman alleged to be in possession of government lands at Windy Ridge, in the sum of GHC50, 000 with two sureties to reappear on May 30.
The court also asked her to steadily vacant within three months from the government bungalow she presently occupies as well as showing herself to the police twice every week.
It would be recalled that Madam Nkrumah was on Wednesday May 9 arrested on the orders of the Western Regional Security Council after she unlawfully occupied the State Construction Corporation bungalow.
The woman is alleged to have also sold portions of lands belonging to the state.
Mr. George Frimpong, Western Regional Lands Officer, was quoted as saying that several notices to get the woman off the state properties had not yielded results.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.