Category: Crime Created on Sunday, 20 May 2012 08:47 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 529
Akim Oda (E/R), May 18, GNA – Ebenezer Frimpong, an Akim Oda-based driver has been convicted to a fine of GHc180.00 by the Akim Oda Magistrates’ Court for stopping in the middle of a road to pick passengers.
The court presided over by Mr Albert Owusu Annor imposed the fine on the convict, who pleaded guilty for causing danger to other road users and would serve a 12-month prison term in hard labour if he failed to pay the fine.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Patience Nyame Darko said on May 8, this year, at about 1900 hours, Frimpong then driving a Hyundai min-bus with registration number GT 5049 Y, was plying Agona Swedru – Akim Oda.
She said while on the Oda principal street, Frimpong stopped in the middle of the road to pick passengers, causing a traffic jam.
Chief Inspector Darko stated that Superintendent Wisdom Akorli, the Oda Divisional Commander of Police, who was closely behind the mini-bus and blew his horn to alert Frimpong of his inconsiderate driving, but he ignored the alerts and continued picking up the passengers.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.