Category: Crime Created on Sunday, 20 May 2012 08:47 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 490
Aflao , May 19, GNA - A Nigerian registered articulated truck, with 65 pieces of pump action guns has been intercepted by the Customs officials at the Aflao border.
The vehicle with registration number XV163-FST was said to have arrived at the border on Thursday, May 17, this year, at about 1900 hours, on its way to Accra, with no cargo on board.
Customs Officers at the last checkpoint who were said to suspicious ordered the driver to park at the vehicle park for examination the following morning, Friday.
Their suspicion heightened when early Friday morning the driver and his “mate”, whose identity was not known, could not be traced for the inspection to proceed.
At about 1600 hours, however, the officers commenced the inspection without the driver and the “mate” and the weapons were found embedded in a false apartment on the floor of the vehicle.
Some bundles of US dollars and Naira were also found in the compartment.
CEPS officials, joined by Bureau of National Investigation (BNI) operatives and officers of the National Security were unwilling to divulge further information to the Ghana news Agency.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.