Category: Crime Created on Friday, 25 May 2012 14:02 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 379
Cape Coast, May 25, GNA- The Central Regional Police Command has arrested 10 suspected armed robbers who for some time now have been terrorising and robbing residents of Kasoa and its environs.
The robbers, who were arrested at various locations and identified by their victims, are Kwame Enin, Kojo Ayena, Awumeg Agbeko, Awumeg Shito, Ekow Amukwandah, Osei Kwabena, Atsu Hodukor, Emmanuel Akese, Abubakar Sulemana and Yaw Sefah.
Some items retrieved from the groups included a generator, microwaves, stabilisers, laptop computers, television sets, mobile phones, and DVD players.
Briefing the media on Thursday at the Central Regional Police Headquarters, the Regional Police Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) Stephen Andoh- Kuofie said on Sunday May 20, the police received a distress call about an armed robbery at CP, a suburb of Kasoa.
He said the police patrol team, which was on its normal patrol duties responded swiftly but met the absence of the robbers who had fled before the personnel got to the scene.
He said the police then mounted a search for the robbers, extending the search to the every corner of the Kasoa township and that their vigilance led to the arrest of Anin and Kwabena who were carrying some mobile phones concealed in a wet black ‘T’ shirt in a polythene bag.
DCOP Andoh-Kuofie said the two after interrogation led the police to arrest five other suspects in their hide out at different locations.
The police also carried out investigations to arrest those who received the stolen items.
He said the police was working hard to uncover the weapons used by the robbers to carry out their criminal activities and also apprehend other members of the ring including their spiritual assistance, one Mallam.
The Police Commander pointed out that Kasoa was gradually becoming a hide-out for criminals who were being pursued in Accra, warning that the police administration would do everything possible to flush them out.
He urged people who have fallen victim at the hands of the robbers to contact the police to identify their items.
He also appealed to the public to support the service with the necessary information that would lead to the arrest of criminals in the society.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.