Category: Crime Created on Saturday, 26 May 2012 12:04 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 370
Accra, May 24, GNA - A 39-year-old building contractor, John Gyan Amoah who allegedly defiled his girlfriend’s eight- year-old daughter, was on Thursday remanded into police custody by a Circuit Court in Accra.
Amoah, who was charged with defilement, pleaded not guilty and would re-appear at court on June 4.
Police Chief Inspector I.A.A. Ahor told the court that the victim lived with complainant, her mother, and Amoah at Amanfrom in Accra.
The prosecution said the accused had been defiling the girl anytime her mother left home, and he (Amoah) warned the victim not to disclose her ordeal to anyone.
The prosecution said on May 6, this year, the victim was dressing up after taking her bath while her mother was also taking her bath nearby, and Amoah to advantage of the situation and defiled the girl.
Chief Insp. Ahor said when complainant suspected foul play and quizzed her daughter she (girl) said the accused had defiled her and he has been doing so anytime she (mother) was away from home.
Amoah admitted the offence and a medical form issued to the victim for examination and treatment indicated that she had been defiled.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.