Category: Crime Created on Friday, 01 June 2012 15:48 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 294
Kumasi, June 1, GNA - A mason who swindled a trader of her GH¢14,900.00 under the pretext of supplying her with bales of second hand clothing and other goods has been sentenced to 15 years imprisonment by a Kumasi Circuit Court.
Kwadwo Adomako denied the crime.
Police Chief Inspector James Amekah told the court presided over by Justice Emmanuel Amo-Yartey that the
complainant, Agatha Appiah, deals in second hand clothing and operates at Atonsu-Bokoro in Kumasi.
In November 2010, Adomako approached the
trader in her store and convinced her that he was expecting a consignment of used clothing together with refrigerators, gas stoves
and bowls shipped by his Italy-based wife.
He took GH¢14,900.00 from Agatha, after a deal had been struck to give the entire consignment to her to sell and promised the goods would arrive within two weeks.
The prosecution said after waiting for six months without any sign of either the goods arriving or the return of her money, she made a formal report to the police and he was arrested.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.