Category: Crime Created on Saturday, 09 June 2012 07:10 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 280
Tarkwa, June 9, GNA - James Adansi, a 24-year-old driver, has been granted 2,000 Ghana cedis bail by the circuit at Tarkwa, for drunk driving.
He pleaded guilty and will re-appear before court on June 18.
Police Chief Inspector Edward Paddy told the court presided over by Mr. Samuel Obeng Diawuo that on May 28 at about 0700 hours, the accused drove a Toyota Hiace vehicle with passengers on board from Esuoso towards Tarkwa.
The prosecution said on reaching Tarkwa Banso, the passengers, who realized that the accused Adansi was driving carelessly, raised the alarm.
Chief Insp. Paddy told the court that Abubakar Alhassan and three other passengers arrested and handed over the accused to the police.
The prosecution said the accused was tested with the alcohol meter at the Motor Transport and Traffic Unit office in Tarkwa, it recorded 0.57, which exceeded the prescribed limit of 0.08 volume.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.