Category: Crime Created on Monday, 11 June 2012 21:27 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 413
Cape Coast, June 11, GNA - The Cape Coast Police Command has arrested Kweku Mensah, a 37-year old farmer and his sister Aba Kwaoba for the alleged murder of the late Nana Kojo Eguasia, Head of the Nsona Clan, whose headless body was found at his coconut farm.
Both are residents of Ekumfi Nakwa,in the Mfantseman Municipality,
DCOP Stephen Andoh-Kwofie, Central Regional Police Commander, said this on Monday during a press briefing in Cape Coast on Monday at the Regional Police Headquarter.
He said during police interrogation Mensah admitted beheading the late Nana Kojo Eguasia when the deceased caught him red handed on his coconut farm stealing his coconuts.
DCOP Stephen Andoh-Kwofie said Nana Eguasia had suspected Mensah of stealing his farm produce and that on Wednesday May 30, 2012, the deceased went to his farm and caught Mensah stealing his coconuts.
He said this resulted in a fight which led to the death of Nana Eguasia and the burial of his head on the farm leaving the headless body near the spot where he had buried the head.
DCOP Andoh-Kwofie said the body was later seen and reported to the police who identified and retrieved the body sent it to the mortuary but could not find the head.
He explained that on Saturday June 9, the police got additional information that the cell phone of the deceased had been traced to a woman who was later identified to be Mensah’s sister.
He said with this information the police arrested Mensah who had gone into hiding after the murder and he later led the police to where he had buried the head.
DCOP Andoh-kwofie said after Mensah had committed the crime he went home with the deceased’s cell phone and narrated the incident to his sister who advised him to keep the issue secret.
He said Aba Kwaoba was also arrested because she concealed a crime and as such “she is equally a murderer and needed to be arrested”.
It would be recalled that on Friday June 8, there was media reports of the discovery of a headless body on a farm at a village in Central region which resulted in clashes between two communities at Ekumfi Nakwa in the Mfantseman Municipality leading to the death of two people.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.