Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 18:55 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 307
Kumasi, June 13, GNA - A sales girl who together with her elder brother broke into a shop, and made away with goods and cash totaling over GH¢16,000.00 have been jailed 20 years by a Kumasi Circuit Court.
Ohenewaa Adomako and Yaw Boakye-Yiadom are each going in for 10 years.
They pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy, causing unlawful damage and stealing.
Police Inspector Joseph Debrah told the court presided over by Justice Emmanuel Amo-Yartey that the complainant, Maame Yaa Amoako, owns the “Yaa Ventures”, a boutique at Anomangye in Kumasi, where Ohenewaa has been employed as sales girl.
In the morning of December 18, last year, which was a Sunday and non-working day, the two broke into the shop, stole men and ladies clothing as well as cash of GH¢750.00 kept in a safe and escaped.
Ohenewaa later returned to the shop, this time, having changed from the legging she wore to the boutique with Boakye-Yiadom, into blouse and skirt, and began shouting that thieves had raided the place.
The prosecution said a witness in the case who had seen the sales girl enter the shop with the brother exposed her.
A formal report was made to the police and the two were arrested.
Ohenewaa admitted in her caution statement earlier going to the shop and also changing her clothing but denied stealing any items.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.