Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 20:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 394
Kagyira (W/R), June 13, GNA - Tragedy struck the people of Kagyira in the Nzema East district of the Western Region when a taxi driver, Okoe Tetteh,25, killed his pregnant wife over suspicion of food poisoning.
According to the Axim police, the suspect Okoe Tetteh returned home from work around 0830hours on Tuesday June 12 and requested for his food.
When his wife, Mame Yaba, who was pregnant, served him the meal but the husband complained about the food (cooked rice), which he claimed tasted unusual and accused the wife of food poisoning.
The wife denied the allegations and a heated argument ensued between them, during which Tetteh gave his wife a hefty blow and she fell unconscious.
He quickly rushed the unconscious wife to the Axim Government Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
A report was made to the Axim police and Tetteh was arrested.
He is currently languishing in police custody while police investigations continue.
The corpse of the deceased had been kept at the Axim Government Hospital morgue pending autopsy.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.