Category: Crime Created on Friday, 15 June 2012 11:41 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 448
Cape Coast, June 14, GNA- The Cape Coast Magistrate’s Court on Thursday remanded Kweku Mensah, 40 year- old coconut seller and his 30 years old Aba Kwaoba for allegedly murdering Nana Kojo Eguasia, Head of Nsona Clan in Ekumfi Narkwa.
Their pleas were not taken and are to reappear in court on July 16.
Prosecuting, Police Chief inspector Francis Ockom told the court presided over by Mr Kwame Ohemeng-Mensah that his outfit had not completed its investigations therefore need more time to do so and pleaded that the two be remanded.
Giving brief facts about the case, he said Mensah was arrested on Sunday June 10 from his hideout when he was suspected to have murdered and beheaded Nana Eguasia on his coconut farm at EKumfi-Narkwa in the Mfanstiman Municipality.
He said after the incident Mensah buried the head of Nana Eguasia on the farm and left the headless body near the spot.
He later led the police to exhume the head and retrieved the body.
Chief inspector Ockom said the late Nana Eguasia suspected Mensah to have been stealing coconut from his coconut plantation and on May 30, the deceased went to his farm and found Mensah plucking his coconuts.
Nana Eguasia confronted him and this resulted in a fight during which Mensah overpowered the deceased and murdered him.
He said Mensah after committing the murder went home with the deceased’s mobile phones and narrated the incident to Kwaoba his sister who asked him to keep silent about it.
However the police got information on June 9 that the deceased’s phone had been traced to Kwaoba so they followed up and arrested her.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.