Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 14:30 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 447
Akim Oda (E/R), June 18, GNA – The Akim Swedru Circuit Court in the Birim South District has sentenced Kwesi Tawiah, a secondhand shoe dealer to 10 years imprisonment for forcibly having sex with a 14-year-old student.
Tawiah, when appeared before the court presided over by Mr Yaw Atta Sampong pleaded guilty to defilement.
Inspector Kwaku Appiah said the victim, a Junior High School student lives at the Akim Oda Old Town with the convict.
He said on April 18, the victim was on her way to buy food when the convict called her under the pretence of sending her to buy him some balls of kenkey.
While waiting outside for the money, Tawiah pulled the victim into his room and forcibly had sex with her, the prosecutor said.
Inspector Appiah said the victim reported her ordeal to her mother and a complaint was lodged with the Police who then issued her with a medical report form to attend hospital while Tawiah was arrested later.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.