Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 12:03 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 439
Breman Asikuma (C/R), June 20, GNA - The Breman Asikuma District Magistrate’s Court has sentenced two persons from Breman Fosuansa to a total of 42 months for stealing two bunches of plantain valued at GHC45.00
Eggya Yaw, 19, a mason and a ex-convict, and Kwame Nyame 31, pleaded guilty to the charge of stealing and the court sentenced them on their own plea.
Yaw would serve 24 months while Nyame is going in for 18 months.
Prosecution Police Inspector Daniel Tawiah told the court, presided over by Mr Clement Kwesi Asumah, that the complainant in the case, Ms Sarah Duodoo, is teacher at Breman Fosuansa while the two accused are natives of the same town.
He said on June 9, the complainant visited her backyard garden and detected that two big bunches of plantain (apem) had been stolen.
The prosecution said the matter was reported to the Police at Breman Brakwa.
Inspector Tawiah said the complainant conducted her own investigations which revealed that the accused persons committed the offence.
He said Yaw was later arrested and when searched, three knives were found on him.
Inspector Tawiah said on June 10, Nyame was also arrested at his hide-out upon a tip-off at Breman Fosuansa.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.