Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 09:14 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 302
Kumasi, June 26, GNA - A Kumasi Circuit Court has sentenced a porter found with a locally manufactured pistol to 18 months imprisonment.
Sumaila Bukari, 20, was charged with possessing firearm without authority and pleaded not guilty.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Doris Amewu told the court presided over by Justice D.W.P. Amedior that the convict was spotted hovering around a broken down bus belonging to the Ghana Railways Company Limited in Kumasi.
One of the mechanics of the company became suspicious and confronted him.
Bukari’s explanation that he was going for his radio in the bus did not convince him. It rather heightened his suspicion and so he decided to hide somewhere and closely monitor his movements.
The prosecution said the mechanic saw the convict removed the weapon from the disabled bus.
With assistance from other co-workers, Bukari was arrested and handed over to the Railways Police.
He told the police during interrogation that he was sent to pick the gun by one “Jailman” but could not lead the Police to the said person.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.