Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 09:36 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 331
Sunyani, June 26, GNA – A Sunyani Magistrate Court has adjourned till July 26, a case in which a 27-year old woman allegedly murdered her boyfriend at Chiraa in Sunyani West District of Brong-Ahafo region.
Ms Mary Adjei allegedly murdered Emmanuel Adusei, 30, an employee of Oti Yeboah Complex Limited at Abesim, near Sunyani, on June 4, 2012 and is standing trial at the court, presided by Mr Joseph Mensah.
Chief Inspector Francis Addo pleaded with the court that the police had sent the docket to the Attorney General’s Department for advice hence the need to delay proceedings.
The court consequently ordered that the accused, whose plea had not been taken, remain in prison custody till the next hearing.
Chief Inspector Addo said that on June 4 Ms Adjei had a quarrel with the deceased over “chop money”.
He said the deceased after the quarrel went to bed and the accused followed to the bedroom and stabbed him with a broken mirror and bolted.
The police upon tip-off arrested Mary at her hideout and was arraigned before the court, the he said.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.