Category: Crime Created on Thursday, 28 June 2012 18:18 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 302
Tarkwa, June 28, GNA - A 32 year-old unemployed, Kwadwo Oteng has been sentenced to two years imprisonment by a Tarkwa circuit court for stealing GHc460.00.
He pleaded guilty.
Prosecuting Chief Inspector Edward Paddy told the court presided over by Mr. Samuel Obeng Diawuo that the complainant is a trader who deals in home appliances at Tarkwa Market Cycle and the offender has no permanent place of abode.
He said the convict on June 23, 2012 at about 1600 hours visited the complainant's shop at the Tarkwa Market Circle and pretended he wanted to buy a television set. In the process negotiating for the price of television, the convict stole the cash that was under a video deck on a shelve in the shop.
The Prosecutor said the shop attendant saw the convict and quickly arrested him and retrieved the stolen money.
Inspector Paddy said he was later handed over to the Police and was charged with the offence.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.