Category: Crime Created on Thursday, 28 June 2012 18:28 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 324
Kumasi, June 28, GNA - A Kumasi Circuit Court has remanded a mason into prison custody for allegedly selling local gin mixed with marijuana, popularly referred to as “lacka.”
Yaw Frimpong, 21, alias “Blackman” is facing the charge of doing prohibited business related to narcotics and pleaded not guilty. He will reappear on July 10.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Doris Amewu told the court presided over by Justice D.W.P. Amedior that the accused was arrested by officers from Police Drug Law Enforcement Unit on February 10, last year at Sokoban.
They had been monitoring him for some time.
They swooped on Frimpong right in the act of selling the substance in sachets to some customers.
Samples sent to the Ghana Standard Authority for testing proved that it had been laced with cannabis.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.