Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 03 July 2012 17:36 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 264
Accra, July 3, GNA - Two persons arrested with two parcels and 22 wrappers of cannabis were on Tuesday sentenced to 18 months imprisonment each by an Accra Circuit Court.
Arnold Twum, unemployed and Stephen Tetteh, an apprentice, charged with supply of narcotics drugs without lawful authority would in addition, pay a fine of GHC120 each.
They pleaded guilty and were convicted on their own plea.
The prosecution said on October 4, last year, personnel from the Narcotics Unit of Ghana Police Service conducted their usual operation at spots noted for narcotic peddling.
During the operation, the team visited Kwame Nkrumah Circle Railways where two parcels of dried leaves suspected to be cannabis were found in Twum’s room while 22 wrappers were found in Tetteh’s room.
The prosecution said during interrogation, they claimed ownership of the dried leaves.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.