Category: Crime Created on Friday, 06 July 2012 11:44 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 363
Akim Swedru (E/R), July 6, GNA – A magistrate court at Akim Oda imposed a fine of 150 Ghana cedis on Daniel Kwadwo Awuakye, a farmer, who slapped Mr Yaw Asiaw for interfering with his love affair.
Awuakye pleaded guilty to the charge of assault.
The court presided over by Mr Albert Owusu Annor ordered the convict to pay GHc 150 compensation to Asiaw, his former father-in –law.
Awuakye would serve a 12-mponth prison term in default of the fine.
Police Chief Inspector Adelaide Ahinkorang told the court that Awuakye and his former wife were still in love with one another and Asiaw, the woman’s father, accused Awuakye of violating customary rites.
The prosecution said Asiaw summoned Awuakye before the court and the Department of Social Welfare, and this infuriated Awuakye
Chief Insp Appiahkorang said last month the convict assaulted Mr Asiaw at shop.
The prosecution said that Mr Asiaw reported the matter to the Police, and Awuakye handled himself over to the police when he heard about the report.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.