Category: Crime Created on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:49 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 224
Accra, July 9, GNA - Two persons, who are accused of stabbing a trader several times after robbing him of his mobile phone and GHc50 at Kaneshie market, on Monday appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.
Nii Teiko, a footballer and Michael Acka, a student, have pleaded not guilty to conspiracy, robbery and causing harm.
The court presided over by Mr Francis Obiri remanded them into Police custody to reappear on July 24.
Prosecuting, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Reindolph Agyemang said the complainant was Mr Justice Owusu Antwi, a trader, residing at Kojokrom in Takoradi.
DSP Agyemang said the accused persons reside at Kaneshie number one.
According to the prosecutor on June 23 this year at about 2:00am, the complainant arrived at Kaneshie from Takoradi to visit his brother at Kwashieman in Accra.
On reaching the Kaneshie, the complainant decided to climb the footbridge to board a car to Kwashieman. On his way to climb the footbridge, Teiko, Acka, one Emmanuel, Nyanga and others including a woman, who now at large, attacked the complainant and ordered him to surrender all his belongings but he refused.
Teiko held him while Emmanuel (at large), stabbed him several times with scissors and bolted away with his Nokia Phone and GHc50 cedis.
Soon after the act, DSP Agyemang said the accused persons and their accomplices abandoned the complainant who was bleeding profusely.
DSP Agyemang, a witness in the case, saw the complainant and rushed him to the Kaneshie Polyclinic where he was admitted.
The witness then took the phone number of the complainant and saw him off to Takoradi.
On July 3, this year, the accused persons were arrested following their involvement in two different crimes.
DSP Agyemang said unfortunately the Police were unable to reach the complainant on his phone number and also unable to tell whether the complainant was dead or alive.
Meanwhile, DSP Agyemang said the Police was making frantic effort to arrest the accused persons' accomplices.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.