Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 10:12 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 289
Kumasi, July 10, GNA – Two Nigerians have been sentenced to 36 years imprisonment by a Kumasi Circuit Court for snatching an amount of GH¢5,000.00 from a cashier.
Gift Anyagbu, 25 and Morgan Nwaokike, 22, pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy and stealing.
They are each going in for 18 years.
Police Inspector Oduro Boateng told the court presided over by Justice William Boampong that the complainant, Victoria Amihere is a cashier working with Unichem Ghana Limited.
She had gone to the Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Adum Branch, to withdraw the money belonging to the Company on July 6, 2010 at about 0930 hours, when the convicts riding on a motorbike snatched the money wrapped in a polythene bag from her.
A taxi driver who saw them commit the crime chased and run his car into the bike to prevent their escape.
They were arrested and handed over to the police.
- "I had cannabis sticks on me not the leaves" – a...
- Ghana airport security boss arrested in US drug bu...
- Driver remanded for possession human skeletons
- 42-year- old man defiles 12-year-old girl
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.