Category: Crime Created on Friday, 13 July 2012 18:31 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 320
Dormaa-Ahenkro (B/A) July 13, GNA – Dormaa Circuit Court presided over by Mr Alexander Osei Tutu has sentenced Kwame Appiah, a poultry farm labourer to three years imprisonment for stealing eggs.
The court however granted bail in the sum of GH¢10,000 to Patience Kisiwaa, a trader in Dormaa-Ahenkro, to whom the convict sold the stolen eggs to.
Her trial has been adjourned for two weeks.
Chief Inspector Bismarck Boye Lartey told the court that the complainant in the case was Mr Ibrahim Musah alias “Macho”, Managing Director of I.M. Unity Farms at Dormaa-Ahenkro and Appiah whilst the covict was his farm labourer.
He said in June Appiah fell sick so his employer engaged another labourer to replace him.
Prosecution said Mr Musah detected to his dismay that the number of trays of eggs harvested from the farm each day had jumped from 90 during Appiah’s period to 114 five days after the new labourer worked.
He said the complainant’s own investigations revealed that Appiah stole the eggs on daily basis and sold them to Kisiwaa.
“When the convict was arrested he confessed the guilt and was arraigned after preliminary police investigations,” Chief Inspector Lartey said.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.