Category: Crime Created on Monday, 16 July 2012 14:10 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 308
Takoradi, July 14, GNA - The Takoradi Circuit Court "B" has sentenced Christopher Abakah, an electrician, to three years imprisonment with hard labour on each of the three counts of unlawful damage, unlawful entry and stealing.
The sentence is to run concurrently and the accused pleaded guilty.
Prosecuting, Police Inspector Seth Ahelegbe, said on July 9 this year, a Military and Police Patrol team saw the accused emerging from a drinking bar at the Last Hour Beach in Takoradi holding a carton.
He said on seeing the Patrol team, the accused abandoned the carton containing assorted sachets and bottles of drinks and cigarettes at the scene and took to his heels.
Inspector Ahelegbe said some members of the Patrol Team chased and apprehended the accused and when the scene was searched, they realized that the accused forcibly broke the counter and entered the drinking bar and took away sachets of assorted gin, whiskey, paper win, PM Whiskey and cartons of cigarettes valued at about GHc457.
He said the accused was arrested and handed over to the Takoradi Central Police and was charged after further investigations.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.