Category: Crime Created on Friday, 20 July 2012 14:55 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 289
Cape Coast, July 20, GNA – A Cape Coast Magistrate’s Court has remanded John Okyere, a 66 year old bar operator, in prison custody for allegedly murdering one Kofi Dominase in his bar at Sunkwaa in the Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese District.
His plea was not taken and the case was adjourned to Thursday, August 2.
Prosecuting, Chief Inspector Osarfo Khanin, told the Court presided over by Mrs Mercy Adei Kortey, that on Sunday July 15 at about 1630 hours, one Kwesi Badu went to the bar to buy two tots of local gin commonly known as ‘’apketeshie’’ but refused to pay for it after drinking.
He said after a while Badu went back and ordered for another two tots of the gin but the operator refused to sell to him asking him to settle the previous debt but this generated into a quarrel with exchange of insults.
He said the accused verbally assaulted Badu so badly that he went home to inform his step son, Dominase, who followed him to the drinking spot, armed with a knife, to avenge for his father so asked the accused to face them if he was truly a man.
Chief Inspector Osarfo said Dominase pulled out the knife and threatened to kill the accused and the accused also entered his store and grabbed a Guinness bottle.
He said Dominase then attacked the accused with the knife and the accused in return broke the Guinness bottle and stabbed him in the neck, but Dominase bled death.
He said the police got a tip off that someone had been killed at Sunkwaa and rushed to the scene only to meet the lifeless body of Dominase lying on the ground.
They took the body to the Abura Dunkwa Hospital, whilst the accused was arrested for prosecution.
He said Police investigation is ongoing and the autopsy yet to be performed, while the docket has been forwarded to the Attorney General’s Office for advice.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.