Category: Crime Created on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 07:34 Published Date Written by GNA Hits: 291
Kumasi, July 24, GNA – Two robbers who shot their victim through the eyes, have been ordered by a Kumasi Circuit Court to be kept in jail for a total of 115 years.
Fatau Musah alias “Rich” is going in for 70 years, while his accomplice, Baba Karimu alias “Touso” would be doing 45 years.
Musah pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy, causing harm and robbery. Karimu, on the other hand, faced a charge of conspiracy, a crime he also admitted.
Police Chief Inspector Archibald K. Fandoh told the court presided over by Justice Emmanuel Amo-Yartey that the victim, Abdul Basit Yakubu, lives at Maamobi in Accra.
He had visited the family in Kumasi and was riding on a motorbike at about 2200 hours on February 2, this year, when the convicts attacked him at Aboabo.
Musah shot him in the eyes with a locally manufactured pistol and the two robbed him of his cellular phone and cash of GH¢200.00.
The prosecution said a formal report was made to the police and acting upon leads, arrested them from their hideouts. The victim is now completely blind in both eyes.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.