Category: Crime Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 16:28 Published Date Written by All Ghana News Hits: 301
Yussif Juaso (Ash), July 26, GNA - A circuit court at Juaso has sentenced an illegal gold miner, Nicholas Opare, to nine months imprisonment for stealing three bunches of plantain.
He pleaded guilty to the crime.
Police Chief Inspector Joseph Obeng told the court presided over by Mr Justice S.K. Sarpong Appiah that the complainant, Alberta Adutwumwaa, and the convict live in Konongo.
The prosecution said on July 10, the complainant detected that plantain had been stolen from her garden.
Chief Insp. Obeng said later that same day a witness in the case spotted Opare offering three bunches of plantain for sale.
He said when the witness asked Opare where he got the plantain from, he (Opare) became nervous and attempted to flee, but he was arrested by some on-lookers and handed over to the police.
- Police arrests hundreds of motor bikes in Tamale
- 150 suspected criminals nabbed in a police swoop
- AG intervenes in contempt case against Governor
- Second Turkey gold suspect in court
- Court orders the arrest of chief, elders over Ghc ...
- Suspected drug dealers arrested in Tema
- Court strikes out motion against Spiritual head of...
- Court jails Nigerian 11 years for dealing in drugs
- House boy and accomplices get 85 years for robbing...
- Three jailed 90 years for robbery
- Court remands teenager for attempted rape
- Two soldiers jailed over Mobilla's death
- Three EC officials arrested over forgery of pink s...
- Court registrar in court for allegedly stealing 46...
- Two EC officials arrested over forgery pink sheets
Inter-Bank Forex Rates
Click here to see more Last Update: 13th Sep.